- Abbreviation: WP:LT.
|Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.||Petitiones por li bot-flag Vu posse scrir sur ti págine. Ti ci wiki usa li standardic bot-policie e permisse global bots e automatic approba de cert types de bots. Altri bots mey scrir un petition in infra, e poy petir accesse de un steward si ne existe un objection.|
|Questions, comments or propositions about this Wikipedia, or about the Interlingue/Occidental language? This is the page for such messages, feel free to write or add a section below.||Questiones, comments o propositions pri ti Wikipedia o pri li lingue Interlingue/Occidental? To es li págine por tal missagies, Ples scrir in o addir un section in infra.|
Tabelle de contenetes
- 1 Updating the logo for this wiki
- 2 Trademark discussion
- 3 Free Research Accounts from Leading Medical Publisher. Come and Sign up!
- 4 Cochrane Library Sign-up (correct link)
- 5 X!'s Edit Counter
- 6 Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09
- 7 Pywikipedia is migrating to git
- 8 VisualEditor and your Wikipedia
- 9 Proposal for closure of the Interlingue Wikibooks
- 10 HTTPS for users with an account
- 11 Request for consultation on community logo
- 12 Notifications
- 13 Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.
- 14 Li Trincatoria
- 15 Introducting Beta Features
- 16 Some ideas
- 17 Breve bande?
- 18 Rubi Principal cathegories
- 19 VisualEditor coming to this wiki
- 20 Call for comments on draft trademark policy
- 21 Por Valodnieks quam administrator!
- 22 Un nov avise
- 23 Need for Temporary Admin Rights
- 24 [Global proposal] m.Wikipedia.org: (all) Edit pages
- 25 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2015)
- 26 Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content
- 27 SUL finalization update
- 28 Stewards confirmation rules
- 29 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
Updating the logo for this wiki[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hello! As part of the update of Wikipedias logos to the new (2010) 3D puzzle globe version, we have noticed that your wiki's current logo is missing, outdated or with wrong translation. We are trying to help Wikipedias get a locally-adapted correct logo, by taking the technical difficulties on us, and in about a week from now we'll be replacing the current logo with the new one shown in this gallery, with explanation. If the translation is wrong, or there's another error in the new logo, or the community disagrees with the update, please update the list of logos or tell us on its talk page. Feel free to translate this message and to move/copy/forward it where appropriate. Thanks, Nemo 13:01, 27 may 2013 (UTC) (Distributed via Global message delivery: wrong page? correct the list of targets.)
Trademark discussion[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
Free Research Accounts from Leading Medical Publisher. Come and Sign up![modificar | redacter fonte]
The Wikipedia Library gets Wikipedia editors free access to reliable sources that are behind paywalls. I want to alert you to our latest donation.
- Cochrane Collaboration is an independent medical nonprofit organization that conducts systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials of health-care interventions, which it then publishes in the Cochrane Library.
- Cochrane has generously agreed to give free, full-access accounts to medical editors. Individual access would otherwise cost between $300 and $800 per account.
- If you are active as a medical editor, come and sign up :)
Cheers, Ocaasi 21:07, 16 junio 2013 (UTC)
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[modificar | redacter fonte]
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 13:20, 23 julí 2013 (UTC)
VisualEditor and your Wikipedia[modificar | redacter fonte]
(Please translate this message)
The Wikimedia Foundation will soon turn on VisualEditor for all users, all the time on your Wikipedia. Right now your Wikipedia does not have any local documents on VisualEditor, and we hope that your community can change that. To find out about how you can help with translations visit the TranslationCentral for VisualEditor and read the easy instructions on bringing information to your Wikipedia. The User Guide and the FAQ are very important to have in your language.
We want to find out as much as we can from you about VisualEditor and how it helps your Wikipedia, and having local pages is a great way to start. We also encourage you to leave feedback on Mediawiki where the community can offer ideas, opinions, and point out bugs that may still exist in the software that need to be reported to Bugzilla. If you are able to speak for the concerns of others in English on MediaWiki or locally I encourage you to help your community to be represented in this process.
If you can help translate the user interface for VisualEditor to your language, you can help with that as well. Translatewiki has open tasks for translating VisualEditor. A direct link to translate the user interface is here. You can see how we are doing with those translations here. You need an account on Translatewiki to translate. This account is free and easy to create.
If we can help your community in any way with this process, please let me know and I will do my best to assist your Wikipedia with this |exciting development. You can contact me on my meta talk page or by email. You can also contact Patrick Earley for help with translations and documents on Mediawiki. We look forward to working with you to bring the VisualEditor experience to your Wikipedia! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:04, 30 julí 2013 (UTC)
Proposal for closure of the Interlingue Wikibooks[modificar | redacter fonte]
HTTPS for users with an account[modificar | redacter fonte]
Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.
If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the
#wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to
(This message is in English, please translate as needed)
Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.
We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.
There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:42, 4 octobre 2013 (UTC)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[modificar | redacter fonte]
Li Trincatoria[modificar | redacter fonte]
I have archived old messages on this page, since it had allready become quite long. I also added interwikilinks via Wikidata, which was missing.
I have thought a bit about it though.. Does "trincatoria" mean what I think it means, like a pub? Is that a suitable name for a neutral discussion page for everyone? Not all people drink alcohol, is what I'm thinking about. And should it btw be Li Trincatoria with un grand T? Es ti necessesi? (Is it an anglicism?) The rules for when using large and small letters differs quite a lot among languages, hence the question.
Sorry for writing a lot in Enlish, but my Occidental knowledge is still minimal, and I hope it is okay that we are multilingual here, as long as it's for the benefit of this project (and, ie/Occidental). flinga (talk) 11:23, 2 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- I do hope this is supposed to be the Village pump-thingy :) Looks like it to me. flinga (talk) 00:14, 4 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Introducting Beta Features[modificar | redacter fonte]
(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)
We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.
Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.
Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.
Here are the first features you can test this week:
- Media Viewer — view images in large size or full screen
- VisualEditor Formulæ (for wikis with VisualEditor) — edit algebra or equations on your pages
- Typography Refresh — make text more readable (coming Thursday)
Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.
After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.
Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.
Some ideas[modificar | redacter fonte]
I have some suggestions about small things I think should be changed here, that I cannot do by myself, and that might need further discussion:
- Wikipedia:Eventus current and Wikipedia:Auxilie is empty. Those links should therefore IMO either be removed from the top left menu, or get some content. If eventus current are current events, some kind of news of the world-thingy, I think we can safely put it to rest until that day that we get a lot of contributors. Otherwise nothing will happen there.
- Wikipedia:Li Trincatoria, this page, should be added to the same menu, since it is the most central page of the Wikipedia project (normally). It's good if we can keep the activities and discussions on this project collected in as few places as possible,
- File uploading means a lot of administration, and there are a lot of issues regarding copyrighted material, wich is not legal to host without permission. This Wikipedia is a small project with not a lot of resources. Therefore I propose that local file uploading should be turned off here, and all media files handled through Wikimedia commons.
Sorry for posting in English, but my Interlingue/Occidental is still very (very) rudimentary. I hope we can make it okay for all contributors to write in the most useful language they can here in li trincatoria, to enable as much parttaking as possible. (There are of course no guarantees that the other participants will understand any given language, but still). flinga (talk) 14:27, 11 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Current eventus: Lass nos interrar les.
- Auxilie: Yo besona ti auxilie, ma ne posse dar it. -_-'
- Trincatoria: Collecter discussiones in un loc es un bon idé. Dunc un permanent ligament vell esser practic.
- Pri dossieres: Till nu ti Wikipedia ne ha experientiat problemas con copyright. Yo vell procrastinar un decision.
- English - the most useful language. -- Pardon?
- --Sebastian (talk) 17:10, 11 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Ah.. a quick answer, regarding "useful language"; I meant that if one doesn't speak Interlingue one could try posting in another language, the one of those that the person in question speaks, that it also thinks has the best chance of being understood by others. This could very well be Spanish, Dutch, Arabic, German, Russian or something else, but there could of course never be any guarantee that others will understand you. I just meant that if I only speak Crimean Gothic and Polish, for example, Polish will probably be the most useful language for trying to communicate with others. But one can have different ideas about this, of course.
- I have to say about the file uploading, that as far as I know it isn't harder or anything like that to upload files on commons. Plus that it has the benefit of making the file available also for every other language version of Wikipedia (and the other projects of the foundation, I think). 22.214.171.124 22:20, 12 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- The above was posted by me, who apparently forgot to log in. flinga (talk) 22:52, 12 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Saluta, Flinga. Tu sembla saver plu mult quam yo pri li intern structuras del Wikipedia. Si yo comprendet correctmen la págine pri li activ usatores, in ti-ci moment existe quar activ usatores: Valodnieks, tu, Ieflicca e yo. Qui posse far administratori changes? Quel functionarios existe in tot in ti Wikipedia? Quem yo posse questionar? --Sebastian (talk) 14:05, 13 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Saluta Sebastian :) Ti-ta es circa correct (yo vide anc Delusion23, por exemple). Vide anc Wikipedia:Administratores, e statistica de Wikipedia (septembre, ne minim li division "Wikipedians").
- Otherwise, I don't actually know.. as far as I know no-one active here are administrator (and the inactive accounts - I don't know if they have, or in that case, still should have administrator status). There is a link to make requests from the Administratores page above. If someone of us wants to be administrator that's great, otherwise we propably could find somebody engaged from another language.. This person basically just needs to do what we ask, on some regular basis (I don't think it would be needed so very often). What do you others feel, are there anybody who wants to be an administrator? flinga (talk) 11:34, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Halló! Advere yo es un administrator ci. Antey, un administrator posset far mult, ma nu, hay un plu alt rang: "burocrate". Yo antey posset far omnicós, quo un burocrate nu posse far, ma in presente mi capabilitás es limitat. Secun quo yo save, hay null burocrate por ti ci wikipedia; dunc on vell dever petir auxilie de alquí che Wikimedia pri "burocratic" functiones. Yo es pret auxiliar un poc si yo posse, ma yo es alquant occupat in presente, dunc it vell esser preferibil que un altri activ usator peti li rang de burocrate o administrator del "autorités" che Wikimedia. Amicalmen, Jmb (talk) 15:56, 16 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Auxilie e ressurses[modificar | redacter fonte]
Based on the above, some help section would perhaps be good. (I could write a basic one, but in (my far from perfect) English, so in that case it would need to be translated). I feel that we could have a short text in the front page as well, like the one on ia: that tells you how to start, and to add a proof-reading template if you are unsure when it comes to the language - I find this to be a very handy thing to have.
In order to keep things together, we could perhaps have the help in the same page as the resources that are listed in Wikipedia:Págine del comunité; perhaps in that page, or both under Wikipedia:Auxilie? Págine del Comunité could be stripped of off a lot of dead and/or irrelevant links (or be archived as a historic and not active page, perhaps). (This is also a response to Sebastians question on usator discussion:Valodnieks talk page; I think "un central loc, u trova-se ligas a (presc) omni material existent pri Interlingue" naturally is an excellent idea). flinga (talk) 12:05, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Breve bande?[modificar | redacter fonte]
Yo ha creat un "breve bande" (?) a ti-ci pagine: WP:LT. This means that we only need to do a search for wp:lt to come to this page, or likewise use it as a link. This should be noted at least at the top of this page, like: "Shortcut: WP:LT" or something similar, but I would need a decent translation of this :) flinga (talk) 11:45, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- a(b)breviation ;) --126.96.36.199 19:45, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, e anc possibil: a(c)curtation, siyil(l), a(b)breviatur(a), a(c)curtatur(a) e forsan ancor altri --188.8.131.52 19:49, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Mercí! It es tre bon. flinga (talk) 20:42, 14 novembre 2013 (UTC) (corectet de flinga 17 nov. 13)
- Ples vider li págine de Sergey Belitzky  sur li págine del IU  yo ha nominat anc li grandissim lexico de sr Plavec e un traduction de it a esperanto. (Proque Sergey ne plu es activ por Occidental, it vell esser bon, storar su dossieres localmen. Un version del Radicarium directiv es trovabil anc sur wiki.com ) --Sebastian (talk) 07:13, 15 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- E nu es un micri errore in wp:lt corectet, talmen nu ambi li abbrivationes WP:LT e wp:lt functionar (?), quam it es expectat. (I couldn't find 'shall' in my word list :p). flinga (talk) 16:35, 20 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Mercí por responder a un incomprensibil question :) It's not important, but to explain I was thinking along the lines of "..as it should be" (instead of "which is expected"). "Quam it vell esser"? Not sure if this sounds "normative" enough :) (I think of "vell esser" like "will be"). flinga (talk) 17:38, 21 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- "vell esser" => "would be". "As it should be" => "quam it [vell dever|deve] esser". Ma li traduction "quam expectat" sona plu bon. O "quam intentionat". "Should" normally should be translated with "vell dever" o plu bon simplicmen per "deve", yo pensa. --Sebastian (talk) 21:11, 22 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Mercí por responder a un incomprensibil question :) It's not important, but to explain I was thinking along the lines of "..as it should be" (instead of "which is expected"). "Quam it vell esser"? Not sure if this sounds "normative" enough :) (I think of "vell esser" like "will be"). flinga (talk) 17:38, 21 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Rubi Principal cathegories[modificar | redacter fonte]
Sur li Principal págine trova se un bell tabelle del principal cathegories. Ma regretabilmen mult ligamentes es rubi, ja de mult annus. E yo ne save, quo significa mani ex illi:
- old principal págine?
- demander information?
- No, this could probably be tidied up a bit (and I have further ideas about tidying up). When it comes to credenties (faiths, beliefs?), it might be a topic we should actually have, and in that case it would be an article that we should perhaps have. Otherwise I can't think of any objection. And I think that often less is more, as one says.
- I also see that the front page has been modified. It's looking good, and the new logo is also good (and probably more formally correct than the one before, I have learned), but... "Minu es plu", ma yo pensa quo mi ide con li lignas a li articules a altri linguas esset un bon ide :) In any case, I think it might be good to have some good introductory help to get started, in the front page. iawp has a text describing that if you are shaky in the language, you can add a language-check-template to your contributions, that is a really good thing to have, I think (so that others may check the language later). Will get back to this. flinga (talk) 13:14, 16 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, yo ne es contra ti categories, ma yo ne save, quo significa credentie apu religion. Si tu (o un altri person) save, quo it es e scri un articul, yo vell esser injoyat. Yo pensat, que -- proque ti ligamentes sta rubi ja de mult annus -- nequí save, per quel contenete furnir un articul.
- Pro li principal págine: Yo regardat li principal págines de alquel altri micri Wikipedias. Specialmen bon placet me li principal págines del Cornic Wikipedia o del saterfrisic Wikipedia. Forsan noi posse prender tis quam styl-exemple? Si on crea micri buxes, on posse addir un bux con ligamentes a Occidental-articules in omni altri lingues. :)
- Yes, un language check template es un bon cose. Sur li latin Wikipedia on have un systema por indicar anc to, que un págine ha esset lingualmen controllat. --184.108.40.206 22:32, 17 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- By principle I think that red links to actual articles, that should be included, should be left, in general. But in any case it is not a big deal, it's just one link and it can be undone.
- First of all, I'm a lot for keeping things basic, simple and standard :) With that said, I have to say I like the Cornic one (yo anc ama li principal pagine de Cornic Wikipedia); it's calm, very uncluttery and good-looking (and perhaps also modern...). Ti-ta posse va execute (?). It can be done, it's mostly a question about copying the code from their page. But when it comes to the right field, I'd say we perhaps should have some more static content (or it will probably be rather static, but it should not give the impression of needing updates too often, since this might be forgotten further on). (As it happens, I recently saw a discussion about front pages, and it seems like they've taken some of their style from frwp - wich in its turn took its icons from svwp :). It es anc agreabil.) flinga (talk) 11:39, 18 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, oh, sorry.. It was of course a little bit more complicated than I first realised. Looking at the actual source code (not the one we usually edit) it seems to be called vector, or at least be the file associated with the vector style (the url I found: ) (not the normal vector style, it must be a modification in that case). I can't seem to find that, but I can try to find out by asking elsewhere :) 220.127.116.11 10:59, 19 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- Annoyingly easy to forget to log in when you have different/conflicting accounts. The above was me.
- From yesterday, had to go so I hadn't the time to quite finish this sentence: I also think, ideally, that the págine principal should contain (the slogan) "the free encyclopedia" as a description somewhere. (And perhaps, in the name of neutrality, also spell out that it is Wikipedie in ie/occ; but on the other hand this is already evident, even if not mentioned explicitly). Just to communicate the ideals behind the project. But there is no hurry and I think it's fine as it is, so..
- I saw the interwiki-links are back again. They are perhaps not a "must" logically, but now they look tidy and less cluttery :) (and may at the same time be of some use, I know that when I enter a new wikipedia I always try to find information about the language, if I don't know it beforehand. flinga (talk) 11:58, 19 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- I cleaned it up a bit today, and found the "old págine principal". It was under X previously (wrong namespace), moved (and the redirect deleted), and can now be found under Wikipedia:X. Imho it's almost better than the front page was earlier this year.
- I'm a bit sceptic about the whole template, I'm not sure it's necessary to have it directly on the front page, and also not esthetically pleasing. Therfore I haven't cared too much about it :) Like many other meta pages here it contained lots (sometimes loads) of links to pages that I think we never really will have any use for, be able to update and care for, or even create.
- Just to jot it down somewhere: I think that it would be useful with a link to this page in the left column, wich I think an admin could fix. (And as said before, Eventus current should probably be deleted).
- I've also seen the eminent page Auxilie:Prim passus. The Auxilie:Auxilie page is quite empty, and it's easier with just one page, so I would like to merge them. (Wich would be the best name of a single help page?) flinga (talk) 10:40, 28 novembre 2013 (UTC)
VisualEditor coming to this wiki[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hello. Please excuse the English. I would be grateful if you can translate this message!
VisualEditor is coming to this project on December 2, 2013. VisualEditor is software in development to allow people to edit pages in MediaWiki without needing to learn wikitext syntax (like typing [[ to start a link). It is already available and in use on some Wikipedia projects. Please see mw:Help:VisualEditor/FAQ for more information.
When this software arrives, you will have the option to use it or to use the current wikitext editor. When you press “edit”, you will get the new VisualEditor software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press “edit source”. For more information about how to use VisualEditor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
We hope that this software will be useful to people in your community, and we can really use your help to make it better! Please let us know if you find any problems. If you're willing and able, please report the issue in bugzilla in the "VisualEditor" product. If you would prefer not, please explain the issue you found on the central feedback page on mediawiki.org. Once VisualEditor is made available, if there are any urgent problems, like an unexpected bug suddenly causing widespread severe problems, please e-mail James Forrester, the Product Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate attention.
We would also appreciate help with translation with the pages about VisualEditor here and on MediaWiki.org, and its user interface. To translate the user interface, start by creating an account at TranslateWiki. Once your account request is approved, all you need to do is select your language from this list. This will give you a list of individual lines and paragraphs. The English original will be on one side, with the option to “edit” on the other. Pressing “edit” will open an edit window where you can work.
The User Guide is another important document. To translate this, simply go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select “translate this page”. Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. If you want to help with translations and would like to talk about how, please leave a message for me on my talk page.
Call for comments on draft trademark policy[modificar | redacter fonte]
Por Valodnieks quam administrator![modificar | redacter fonte]
Yo trovat divers informationes pri to, qui es administrator in li ie-Wikipedia:
- Sur li págine Wikipedia:Administrators es nominat quam administratores: Dana e Valodnieks.
- Sur li págine Special:Liste_de_usatores/sysop es nominat quam administratores: Dana e Jmb.
- Jmb ha scrit ci: «Advere yo es un administrator ci.»
Si yo ha comprendet correctmen, Valodnieks ha esset un temporari administrator, ma actualmen noi have quam administratores Dana e Jmb. Ambi es ínactiv in li ie-Wikipedia; Dana es mem totalmen ínactiv e ínattin’ibil.
Noi have null burocrat. Por micri projectes un steward posse transprender li functiones de un burocrat, ma almen un activ administrator es necessi ci, (forsan mem un burocrat e un additional administrator).
Ergo: Yo proposi Valodnieks quam regulari administrator e li deletion del administrator-statu de Dana pro long ínactivitá.
- It seems to that Valodnieks is the person who has been the most active user here for a long time, and this I think would make him the most suitable candidate for being an administrator. It also somehow then would not be more than fair. I'll have to reserve myself for not knowing a lot of details of Valodnieks edits, but with that said I would support the above. (I really don't mean to sound negative; on the contrary it seems that Valodnieks is the one that has kept this Wikipedia going in the recent years).
- I aslo support the removal of administrative rights when it comes to the user Dana. These can be re-added when/if needed. From some kind of security it seems reasonable not to have administrative rights for inactive users.
- One other thought is if there should be some kind of limitation or regulation of the administrative rights. In my primary/first "home"-Wikipedia-project we/they have a system with regular votings to ensure that the current administrators have the other users trust. Now this is such a small project, but still.. I don't know really whats the normal way of doing things would be. (I guess the worst case scenario would be an administrator deleting the whole content, wich then could be undeleted, or perhaps more sinister: scewing the content or making it false in some way...). I suppose this might be "peer-regulated" as everything else here. (Sorry again for all the english..). flinga (talk) 15:58, 21 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- I answer in English so that most people understand. Thank you for the proposal as Administrator of the Interlingue-Wikipedia. I was once a tempory administrator of the Interlingue-Wikipedia, but at that time we did not have a real community, so that we could make a vote. It would be an honour for me to become the administrator of the Wikipedia. So I want to be a candidate as Administrator. The other administrators of this Wikipedie have disappeared several years ago. Valodnieks (talk) 18:15, 22 novembre 2013 (UTC)
@flinga: "I don't know really whats the normal way of doing things would be." On the page meta:Administrator I read: «Some wiki sites may not even have adopted written policies for administrators or candidates for adminship. This is usually due to limited number of users and activities. … All "administrative" actions are logged and reversible by any other administrator.» Li wiki-communité de Interlingue es tre micri. Actualmen noi ne besona formalisat candidaturas o electiones. Si noi concordia in to, que Valodnieks mey esser administrator, to sufice, e yo posse petir un steward, que il mey promoer Valodnieks al posto de un administrator. Yo supposi, que un administrator posse changear anc li standard-referenties in li levul látere e for-streccar p. ex. li referentie «Eventus current», quel ya es superflú. --Sebastian (talk) 21:26, 22 novembre 2013 (UTC)
It vell esser bon si ti Wikipedia recive un ver administrator. Anc sur li titul-págine hay mult categories queles es superflú. Ma yo ne es cert pri li procedura del votation. Ieflicca (talk) 09:53, 24 novembre 2013 (UTC)
- It seems like its my turn to give an opinion.. :) In my opinion I think we should go ahead with this. I don't really think that I am one who should judge (that much), since I have only been active here for such a short while. And yes, we may not yet need any further regulations regarding the rights of administrators. If something sometime would go wrong, I suppose that anyone could contact a steward on meta. Bon salutes, flinga (talk) 13:29, 24 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Un nov avise[modificar | redacter fonte]
Yo ha creat un avise (o duo avises) por controlar de lingue. Yo crede ti es un plu bon ressurse, ne adminim por nov usatores quam es aprentises (quam mi), o pro altri cosas. I believe this could be a very good resource for new contributors that is learning the language (like myself). It could be mentioned as a resource in the front page, like in iawp, or in a (starter) help. It is also a good tool in general, enabling marking of articles which are linguistically dubious, and adding them to their own category.
Yo ha creat duo propositiones. Ironic, ili necessimen traduction (and perhaps rephrasing).. e noi besonas decider quel nos deve usar.
- "I think that it is …" ==> Yo pensa, que it es … max effectiv, leer mult textus in Occidental por internalisar li just maniere de expression. ;)
- "which to use" – yo ne comprende ti frase. -_-'
- Quel version tu proposi usar? (Yo time, que on deve metter ti avise al majorité del págines. ;) Yo vell preferer li version sin grafica, ma sin Nota:. --Sebastian (talk) 15:13, 26 novembre 2013 (UTC)
Need for Temporary Admin Rights[modificar | redacter fonte]
I need to get temporary Admin Rights again as we need to merge some pages as they are double. This refers to the articles Posen and Lieberec. I want to transfer the additional contents to the other articles about this town and then delete them. Also the article about the non-existing Indian writer reappeared. Where can I ask for temporary adminship? We had a direct link here, but unfortunately it has been deleted. Thank you for your help Valodnieks (talk) 08:00, 1 marte 2015 (UTC)
- I support this request because this Wikipedia needs an administrator RWMuc (talk) 12:55, 1 marte 2015 (UTC)
- (english) I made an official request for temporary adminship at MetaWiki. The proposal is on hold for a until 8th of March 2015 to wait for the discussion here.
- (Interlingue) Yo ha petit che MetaWiki por temporari administrativ yures. Li proposition es haltat til li 8-im de marte 2015 por far un discussion ci possibil. Vide: Request for admin right Valodnieks (talk) 13:07, 1 marte 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, we need an administrator in this Wikipedia, best would be not only on a temporary base, but a regular one and it would be good if it is Valodnieks. (Noi besona un administrator in ti wikipedia, li vell esser bon si it es ne solmen quam temporari administrator ma quam regulari e it vell esser bon si it es Valodnieks). Rosijupon (talk) 05:51, 2 marte 2015 (UTC)
[Global proposal] m.Wikipedia.org: (all) Edit pages[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like ie.m.wikipedia.org, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!
Thanks and sorry for writing in English, Nemo 22:33, 1 marte 2015 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2015)[modificar | redacter fonte]
Apologies for writing in English, please help translate this into your local language. Hello Wikimedians!
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Project MUSE — humanities and social science books and journals
- DynaMed — clinical reference tool for medical topics
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society — pharmaceutical information and practice resources
- Women Writers Online — a digital humanities database focused on women's literature
- Newspapers.com — American newspapers database w/ Open Access opportunities (expansion of accounts)
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 21:14, 2 marte 2015 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content[modificar | redacter fonte]
This March, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas for improving gender diversity on Wikimedia projects. Less than 20% of Wikimedia contributors are women, and many important topics are still missing in our content. We invite all Wikimedians to participate. If you have an idea that could help address this problem, please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 31.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive, positive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign and help this project better represent the world’s knowledge!
SUL finalization update[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hi all,apologies for writing in English, please read this page for important information and an update involving SUL finalization, scheduled to take place in one month. Thanks. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:45, 13 marte 2015 (UTC)
Stewards confirmation rules[modificar | redacter fonte]
Hello, I made a proposal on Meta to change the rules for the steward confirmations. Currently consensus to remove is required for a steward to lose his status, however I think it's fairer to the community if every steward needed the consensus to keep. As this is an issue that affects all WMF wikis, I'm sending this notification to let people know & be able to participate. Best regards, --MF-W 16:13, 10 april 2015 (UTC)
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org